Like the MamaLand Empire!

Have you joined the MamaLand Empire?
      ... and join my mailing list for biweekly Jewish parenting ideas - no spam, no ads, just me!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Homemade, Home-Grown

My neighbour is out of town!  Why does that make me so very, VERY happy???  Because she said we could help ourselves to her tomatoes.

Here they are, with some of our own homegrown peppers, hot and mild, basil, and a homegrown bay leaf (garlic is Ontario-grown, but not my own):

Dsc04050

Forgive my ugly, scarred dutch oven.  It’s perfect for everything from candymaking to bread-baking, so it’s gone all the way to 550 degrees and back, pretty much unscathed except for its pristine beauty.

Going…

DSC04052

Going…

DSC04053 

Gone…

DSC04055

and into the blender with some creamy stuff!

Meanwhile… eggs, salt, all-purpose flour (about 6 cups of flour and 4 eggs – no water)…

 DSC04051 

Equals…

DSC04054

and eventually…

DSC04057  

Mmmmm….!!!

Aren’t simple suppers the awesomest ever???  True story:  I was tasting the sauce and mentioned to YM, “oh, wow… THIS is an awesome sauce.”  YM:  “you said awesomesauce!”  Yes, I did.  If ever a sauce was, this is.  Or was.

No comments: