Like the MamaLand Empire!

Have you joined the MamaLand Empire?
      ... and join my mailing list for biweekly Jewish parenting ideas - no spam, no ads, just me!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Shabbos Food!

Supper:

  • Challah
  • Soup w/kneidlach
  • Baked g-fish from freezer
  • Corn
  • Shake n’ Bake
  • Cranberry kugel (Ted’s apple kugel recipe but with crans)
  • Green beans
  • Desserts

Lunch:

  • Challah
  • Baked g-fish
  • Blintzes
  • Salmon pasta salad
  • Pareve cholent

Desserts:

All done for the week – good Shabbos when you get there!!!

3 comments:

Fairion said...

I wish my Shabbat menus were half as interesting and yummy as yours. But with only the 3 of us here and having Shabbat Luncheon at shul, it is hard for me to justify making such variety.

Frayda said...

Do you use fresh lemon juice when making the lemon bars?

Jennifer in MamaLand said...

@fairion: Luncheon at shul every week? That sounds amazing! Also, when I was a family of 3 (ie me with 2 kiddies) we did not eat nearly so nicely, and I did very little planning ahead.

@Frayda: Yes. I have started taking fresh lemon juice very seriously in desserts; imo, it makes a big difference! And since this recipe (it was my first time making it) calls for lemon zest, there's no point skipping the juice. While you're scraping up the lemons, you may as well squeeze them a bit.

p.s. dd15 called it "the best lemon bars you've ever made" (pareve with SmartBalance margarine and all!)