Skip to main content

Round ‘em up! You (via Google) asked for it! (4th edition)

Well, in June I had almost twice the visitors as I did last year (clarification: in June of last year; I'm not doing THAT well!), and some of you even apparently came back to the site once or twice. So, in your honour, and because I’m putting off making supper while I sit down and have a break, I will answer a few recent Google queries.

(here are links to my two previous search-engine roundups: Roundup #1, (mini)Roundup #2, and Roundup #3)

What are you looking for??? Recent queries where people actually found their answers at my site!

  1. Lots of you want to know about growing vegetables in reusable canvas grocery bags! Good for you, but they don’t have to be canvas… I suspect canvas wouldn’t work as well as a synthetic fabric, such as these grocery bags are made of. In fact, I’m loading up this bag again later on today to hang it with a tomato.
  2. How about a tomato rose sauce??? I’ve got one of those, and it’s very, very easy!
  3. As always, I do have a post about windows live vs. picasa, and yes, despite all my efforts to talk about other things, it is my most popular post ever. I still update it from time to time, but Windows Live is still my go-to blog posting software, that’s for sure.
  4. What is triscuits eco? I dunno, but someone was searching and found my two interesting triscuit-related posts: here and this funny one here.
  5. Lots of people are interested in tomato waterers! If you can’t go sub-irrigated, I hope my review of various tomato watering-things is helpful as the summer days heat up and your plants dry out (or stay moist!).
  6. One urgent query that arrived a few times on Tuesday: shiva asar b tammuz brushing teeth. I hope my Tisha b’Av FAQ from last year was helpful. I used to brush teeth without swallowing on minor fast days, like Shiva Asar b’Tammuz, but don’t do this any longer. I also used to eat on Yom Kippur, and had never heard of Tisha b’Av. We all grow and change!

And then, as always, there were the queries my site probably didn’t answer, such as:

  1. cashier beep games and supermarket cashier games. I do play mind games with cashiers, so maybe that was helpful to these people.
  2. mama wearing only a slip and SEX Israeli MAMA TUBE. Sorry, you’ll have to find another site for those ones. I don’t think my “buy a buff” post would prove helpful, but that’s what they both got.
  3. my embarrasing secrets… um, okay. Why would you Google that? Anyway, I hope that person enjoyed reading about MY embarrassing secret!
  4. Here’s a sad one: homeschool failure. There are always a couple that I wish I could find the person who was searching and just give them a hug.
  5. And finally, there’s… lethargic cat summer. It may not be what he/she was looking for, but I hope this person will enjoy feeding him/herself AND his/her cat from my Lethargic Summer Shabbos menu!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

לימודי קודש/Limudei Kodesh Copywork & Activity Printables

Welcome to my Limudei Kodesh / Jewish Studies copywork and activity printables page.  As of June 2013, I am slowly but surely moving all my printables over to 4shared because Google Docs / Drive is just too flaky for me. What you’ll find here: Weekly Parsha Copywork More Parsha Activities More Chumash / Tanach Activities Yom Tov Copywork & Activities Tefillah Copywork Pirkei Avos / Pirkei Avot Jewish Preschool Resources Other printables! For General Studies printables and activities, including Hebrew-English science resources and more, click here . For Miscellaneous homeschool helps and printables, click here . If you use any of my worksheets, activities or printables, please leave a comment or email me at Jay3fer “at” gmail “dot” com, to link to your blog, to tell me what you’re doing with it, or just to say hi!  If you want to use them in a school, camp or co-op setting, please email me (remove the X’s) for rates. If you just want to say Thank You, here’s a

Hebrew/ עברית & English General Studies Printables

For Jewish Studies, including weekly parsha resources and copywork, click here . If you use any of my worksheets, activities or printables, please leave a comment or email me at Jay3fer “at” gmail “dot” com, to link to your blog, to tell me what you’re doing with it, or just to say hi!  If you want to use them in a school, camp or co-op setting, please email me (remove the X’s) for rates. If you enjoy these resources, please consider buying my weekly parsha book, The Family Torah :  the story of the Torah, written to be read aloud – or any of my other wonderful Jewish books for kids and families . English Worksheets & Printables: (For Hebrew, click here ) Science :  Plants, Animals, Human Body Math   Ambleside :  Composers, Artists History Geography Language & Literature     Science General Poems for Elemental Science .  Original Poems written by ME, because the ones that came with Elemental Science were so awful.  Three pages are included:  one page with two po

It's Heart Month: 3 days left to save lives!

Dear Friends & Family: Hi, everybody! Sorry I can’t stop by in person... you're a bit out of my area.  :-) We’re out walking up and down on our street on this beautiful afternoon to raise money for Heart & Stroke.  This cause is important to me (I won't say it's close to my heart , because that would be tacky!).  I hope you'll join me by donating online. Growing up, I watched as every single one of my grandparents' lives were shortened by heart disease and strokes, and my father had a defibrillator that saved his life on more than one occasion.  Heart disease and stroke kill 1 in 3 Canadians and are the #1 killer of women. Please click this link to be redirected to my main page at the Heart & Stroke website: http://tinyurl.com/AtlasHeart Thus ends my personal appeal.  Official information follows.  :-))) ----- Heart disease and stroke is the #1 killer of women - taking more women's lives than all forms of cancer combined. But no one is immune. Th