Skip to main content

Must plant SOON

More spinch - only one grew! :-o
More tomatoes - as if I didn't already have enough
Beets
Cukes
Watermelon
Canteloupe - these last 4 don't transplant well, I know, but especially with watermelon, I'm not taking any chances with our growing season.
Annuals - no idea what I've got: Alyssum for sure, a bunch of others.

They are all going into my Burpee Ultimate Seed Starter, which I foolishly bought from the U.S. and then discovered they stock for $20 at my friendly neighbourhood soulless Lowe's megastore. Unlike the Lee Valley self-watering starter, which I think holds 24 seedlings, this one can do 72. The cells are smaller, but I figure for last-minute starts like annuals that won't need to grow on for long, it should be perfect.

Sure doesn't look sick, does he???

Now I have a headache.

Now I am thoroughly paranoid that I'm going to come down with whatever this is.
Bad, bad, bad.
Or that Ted will.

The big kids, not so terrible. They can pretty much look after themselves, with a bit of tea and coddling.

It used to drive me crazy that my mother would Lysol the heck out of the house when someone was sick. I hate the smell of all kinds of Lysol, to this day.

But on the other hand, there is a lingering smell around here right about now that really begs to be eradicated with something...
Then again, Ted didn't mention anything when he came home from work (at 12:45!), so maybe it's just in my nostrils.
Ew.

Major repotting-slash-rescue effort underway downstairs this evening: got all the windowsill coleus and drying-out peat pots into larger pots with soil. In between the baby's vomiting. Eventually, I gave up and sat upstairs so I could hear him when he first made a noise, rather than when he got to full-scale screaming. That way, I managed to catch things before he made a major mess again. Only had to change the sheets twice...

He was so incredibly cheerful in the in between moments. The picture above was taken as I was holding him in my lap, and catching up on blog-reading. The only problem is, he was feeling incredibly kissy and kept wanting to smooch my face or hand. Note to self: sterilize cheek and fingertips before eating anything!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

לימודי קודש/Limudei Kodesh Copywork & Activity Printables

Welcome to my Limudei Kodesh / Jewish Studies copywork and activity printables page.  As of June 2013, I am slowly but surely moving all my printables over to 4shared because Google Docs / Drive is just too flaky for me. What you’ll find here: Weekly Parsha Copywork More Parsha Activities More Chumash / Tanach Activities Yom Tov Copywork & Activities Tefillah Copywork Pirkei Avos / Pirkei Avot Jewish Preschool Resources Other printables! For General Studies printables and activities, including Hebrew-English science resources and more, click here . For Miscellaneous homeschool helps and printables, click here . If you use any of my worksheets, activities or printables, please leave a comment or email me at Jay3fer “at” gmail “dot” com, to link to your blog, to tell me what you’re doing with it, or just to say hi!  If you want to use them in a school, camp or co-op setting, please email me (remove the X’s) for rates. If you just want to say Thank You, here’s a

Hebrew/ עברית & English General Studies Printables

For Jewish Studies, including weekly parsha resources and copywork, click here . If you use any of my worksheets, activities or printables, please leave a comment or email me at Jay3fer “at” gmail “dot” com, to link to your blog, to tell me what you’re doing with it, or just to say hi!  If you want to use them in a school, camp or co-op setting, please email me (remove the X’s) for rates. If you enjoy these resources, please consider buying my weekly parsha book, The Family Torah :  the story of the Torah, written to be read aloud – or any of my other wonderful Jewish books for kids and families . English Worksheets & Printables: (For Hebrew, click here ) Science :  Plants, Animals, Human Body Math   Ambleside :  Composers, Artists History Geography Language & Literature     Science General Poems for Elemental Science .  Original Poems written by ME, because the ones that came with Elemental Science were so awful.  Three pages are included:  one page with two po

It's Heart Month: 3 days left to save lives!

Dear Friends & Family: Hi, everybody! Sorry I can’t stop by in person... you're a bit out of my area.  :-) We’re out walking up and down on our street on this beautiful afternoon to raise money for Heart & Stroke.  This cause is important to me (I won't say it's close to my heart , because that would be tacky!).  I hope you'll join me by donating online. Growing up, I watched as every single one of my grandparents' lives were shortened by heart disease and strokes, and my father had a defibrillator that saved his life on more than one occasion.  Heart disease and stroke kill 1 in 3 Canadians and are the #1 killer of women. Please click this link to be redirected to my main page at the Heart & Stroke website: http://tinyurl.com/AtlasHeart Thus ends my personal appeal.  Official information follows.  :-))) ----- Heart disease and stroke is the #1 killer of women - taking more women's lives than all forms of cancer combined. But no one is immune. Th