Skip to main content

Here's Thursday's supper... and my boring body battles

Thursday:
Squash soup (based on Monday's, but much, much better - less stringy and richer with the addition of a jar of babyfood squash!)
Fish (breaded and baked, some whitish kind)
Corn puff - basically an eggish puff with lots of corn in it...
Ace Bakery Bread

I waited 'till after aerobics and I was starving before digging in. Stuck with one piece of bread and butter and really felt like I'd earned it!

Bleary Boddy Battles
(ok, I know it's a typo, but I like the way it looks somehow)

I feel like I am fighting my body one slow battle at a time... belly button first and then I can worry about other things.
Teeth, maybe, since I have a couple of wisdom teeth that need to come out. Or - let's be really gross here - stress incontinence (which has gotten a bit better anyway).
Right now, when I feel a sneeze coming, I stand very, very still and cross my legs tight. Because I know one of several things could happen.
~ I could bite my tongue - and I mean chomp. Like, not being able to taste food on that side of it for a week. My tongue seems to get in the way more now than it used to, but it could be because of all my dental work lately and the unfamiliar proportions and alignment of things in my mouth. Is that a real thing?
~ I could pee. There it is, the super-gross one. It really is better - I've been practicing. But it's not 100%. Will it ever be? Who knows...
~ My belly button could explode. That's what it feels like - literal evisceration. Even if my belly button starts out perfectly tucked-in, neat and tidy, it could fling itself through my abdominal wall at any moment. I have literally gone from standing in the shower admiring how well it's behaving, to bent over in belly pain in five seconds, over the course of a single sneeze. (I suspect I sneeze more in the shower - in the bathroom in general - due to mold / mildew, and am working hard to stop its spread with a merciless campaign of opening the window after every shower and wiping down the tiles and walls as well).

These three choices, of course, are not even counting the normal options, like snot coming out your nose, or spraying the people or objects around you with saliva. Or both! Or any combination... because honestly, I never know whether I'm going to get none of the Big Three options, or one, or two, or even all three. It has happened before.

But now, with only a week to go until I check in for the belly button surgery of my dreams, there is a potentially real chance that it may, just may, never ever happen again... at least one of the things.

Supper

Mommy-made spaghetti with meat sauce
Dempster's bread
Salad

Everything was yummy, but Abigail complained a small bit when she heard it was meat sauce, and Peter, her boyfriend, couldn't understand why. Partly because of not "getting" the connection between meat sauce and no cheese on top, plus no ice cream ... and partly because, I suppose, in the trayfe world almost every spaghetti sauce has meat in it, unless it's explicitly a vegetarian one. I hadn't thought about that, but I suppose it's true. Most people have meat in their sauce.

My mother did offer Tofutti cheese slices to melt on top of the meat sauce. Elisheva took one then decided it was gross - YM had it for her. Ted sat snacking on the thing. I didn't notice if Peter took one to melt on top of his.

Oh, and Elisheva and I volunteered at the UJA telethon all afternoon, so we stopped at Fortino's on the way and picked up a couple of desserty things so Abigail couldn't complain too loudly in front of my mother. They didn't have Tofutti Cuties, so bought another brand and they were, apparently, yucky. I passed on those and had another of the desserts instead.

With only two pounds to go, I can afford a little dessert, right?

Oh - the telethon! It went great. I was only slightly nervous, jumping in. Elisheva sat refusing to call and refusing to call and then finally, after about an hour, decided she wanted to get a pastry and drink. I said, "make one call first - they're for the people who are calling." So she did, then left to get a snack. When she came back, whether invigorated by the tin of coke or emboldened by the success of her first call, she started picking up some of my sheets and calling them... and eventually ended up with a stack of her own. I was so proud of her - my little girl who is still afraid to speak to shopkeepers!!! Love.

Ted's waiting for the computer, so...

G'nite!

<3 J
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

לימודי קודש/Limudei Kodesh Copywork & Activity Printables

Welcome to my Limudei Kodesh / Jewish Studies copywork and activity printables page.  As of June 2013, I am slowly but surely moving all my printables over to 4shared because Google Docs / Drive is just too flaky for me. What you’ll find here: Weekly Parsha Copywork More Parsha Activities More Chumash / Tanach Activities Yom Tov Copywork & Activities Tefillah Copywork Pirkei Avos / Pirkei Avot Jewish Preschool Resources Other printables! For General Studies printables and activities, including Hebrew-English science resources and more, click here . For Miscellaneous homeschool helps and printables, click here . If you use any of my worksheets, activities or printables, please leave a comment or email me at Jay3fer “at” gmail “dot” com, to link to your blog, to tell me what you’re doing with it, or just to say hi!  If you want to use them in a school, camp or co-op setting, please email me (remove the X’s) for rates. If you just want to say Thank You, here’s a

Hebrew/ עברית & English General Studies Printables

For Jewish Studies, including weekly parsha resources and copywork, click here . If you use any of my worksheets, activities or printables, please leave a comment or email me at Jay3fer “at” gmail “dot” com, to link to your blog, to tell me what you’re doing with it, or just to say hi!  If you want to use them in a school, camp or co-op setting, please email me (remove the X’s) for rates. If you enjoy these resources, please consider buying my weekly parsha book, The Family Torah :  the story of the Torah, written to be read aloud – or any of my other wonderful Jewish books for kids and families . English Worksheets & Printables: (For Hebrew, click here ) Science :  Plants, Animals, Human Body Math   Ambleside :  Composers, Artists History Geography Language & Literature     Science General Poems for Elemental Science .  Original Poems written by ME, because the ones that came with Elemental Science were so awful.  Three pages are included:  one page with two po

It's Heart Month: 3 days left to save lives!

Dear Friends & Family: Hi, everybody! Sorry I can’t stop by in person... you're a bit out of my area.  :-) We’re out walking up and down on our street on this beautiful afternoon to raise money for Heart & Stroke.  This cause is important to me (I won't say it's close to my heart , because that would be tacky!).  I hope you'll join me by donating online. Growing up, I watched as every single one of my grandparents' lives were shortened by heart disease and strokes, and my father had a defibrillator that saved his life on more than one occasion.  Heart disease and stroke kill 1 in 3 Canadians and are the #1 killer of women. Please click this link to be redirected to my main page at the Heart & Stroke website: http://tinyurl.com/AtlasHeart Thus ends my personal appeal.  Official information follows.  :-))) ----- Heart disease and stroke is the #1 killer of women - taking more women's lives than all forms of cancer combined. But no one is immune. Th