Skip to main content

Update (been a while!) - Random Free-Association Post

Oy! Time has flown. Lots of articles in this week's CJN, but it's been SO busy with other stuff. Crazy!

Last week, where to begin?

Anniversary on Tuesday
Broken tooth on Thursday
Kids sick
Ted sick

Those are the highlights.
I tutored on Thursday, busy-busy with baby stuff Tues/Wed... no time for a breather after turning in those articles on Monday!
Meals were all over the place and I have no clue what we ate when.

The broken tooth was highly traumatic - cried all over Ted for 2 hours Thursday night because I was sure my life was over - his insurance hasn't kicked in yet, I hate my dentist, I'm scared to have anybody poking about in my mouth. Friday morning, first thing, I called my mother and she recommended a dentist who is close by on Eglinton. I called at 8:15 and he said he could take me if I came right away.

Dd1 was home sick from school so I abandoned her here with a cup of tea, scooped up dd2 to bring to my mother's and we were on our way!
Anyway, the dentist said I'd just lost a filling and he could do a temporary one right away. By 10:00 am, all was right with the world and I was on a euphoric high all weekend. He seems like a nice dentist, better than the last one, who went at me with jackhammers...

WE FOUND MY SKATES!
So I skated on Sunday with Sara and the kids. First skate of the season... calves were sore. And there's only a month or so left to go... sigh.

Now, though, we're having a crazy time looking for my snap press... it's in a box with a bunch of snaps and some other things and neither of us have any CLUE where it is. I need it because I have some period pads that I made as a gift for Sara - not originally, but they're here, so I want to give them to her - but they're not much good without snaps...

Speaking of which, I am working up my courage to call the sewing machine place and see about getting my serger. It's been in for repairs since September, but it's so !$#!^ frustrating when I go to use it and it's still not right. Same as my tooth; after a while, I just gave up and stopped going to the dentist. After a while, I gave up on the serger and have left it there almost 6 months. :-(((

Maybe next week I'll call them.

Bought cubes to make a cubes-and-coroplast guinea pig cage as shown here, but it's much bigger than I thought it would be. I know they need space, but they won't fit in Elisheva's bedroom if I build this whole cage. Also went to Value Village to find more navy trousers for YM; they're in the laundry right now.

Speaking of laundry, I'm in the middle of documenting our laundry mountain...I'll try to attach a "before" picture to this post and maybe an "after" picture when I'm done for the week (hopefully tomorrow!).


Gift package from Ted's parents arrived with clothes and b-day goodies for everybody! More pink for the baby; Ted thinks his mom just goes to Sears and buys everything out.

Our anniversary was lovely - my mother came and we had umami for supper and then a movie (cliché, but still a pleasure...) - Memoirs of a Geisha.

Must run and eat lunch. Cannot believe this whole crazy week is just about over...


Suppers this week:

Monday - leftover s/s chicken meatballs from Shabbos, leftover fish from Shabbos (the kids had the fish), basmati rice, chicken/corn soup
Tuesday - impromptu "casserole" - ww bowties with creamy sauce made of the rest of the cottage cheese (not much), cream cheese (not much), spicy braided mozzarella (yum!), evaporated milk (lots), garlic (lots), salt and pepper.
Wednesday - that's tonight... no clue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

לימודי קודש/Limudei Kodesh Copywork & Activity Printables

Welcome to my Limudei Kodesh / Jewish Studies copywork and activity printables page.  As of June 2013, I am slowly but surely moving all my printables over to 4shared because Google Docs / Drive is just too flaky for me. What you’ll find here: Weekly Parsha Copywork More Parsha Activities More Chumash / Tanach Activities Yom Tov Copywork & Activities Tefillah Copywork Pirkei Avos / Pirkei Avot Jewish Preschool Resources Other printables! For General Studies printables and activities, including Hebrew-English science resources and more, click here . For Miscellaneous homeschool helps and printables, click here . If you use any of my worksheets, activities or printables, please leave a comment or email me at Jay3fer “at” gmail “dot” com, to link to your blog, to tell me what you’re doing with it, or just to say hi!  If you want to use them in a school, camp or co-op setting, please email me (remove the X’s) for rates. If you just want to say Thank You, here’s a

Hebrew/ עברית & English General Studies Printables

For Jewish Studies, including weekly parsha resources and copywork, click here . If you use any of my worksheets, activities or printables, please leave a comment or email me at Jay3fer “at” gmail “dot” com, to link to your blog, to tell me what you’re doing with it, or just to say hi!  If you want to use them in a school, camp or co-op setting, please email me (remove the X’s) for rates. If you enjoy these resources, please consider buying my weekly parsha book, The Family Torah :  the story of the Torah, written to be read aloud – or any of my other wonderful Jewish books for kids and families . English Worksheets & Printables: (For Hebrew, click here ) Science :  Plants, Animals, Human Body Math   Ambleside :  Composers, Artists History Geography Language & Literature     Science General Poems for Elemental Science .  Original Poems written by ME, because the ones that came with Elemental Science were so awful.  Three pages are included:  one page with two po

It's Heart Month: 3 days left to save lives!

Dear Friends & Family: Hi, everybody! Sorry I can’t stop by in person... you're a bit out of my area.  :-) We’re out walking up and down on our street on this beautiful afternoon to raise money for Heart & Stroke.  This cause is important to me (I won't say it's close to my heart , because that would be tacky!).  I hope you'll join me by donating online. Growing up, I watched as every single one of my grandparents' lives were shortened by heart disease and strokes, and my father had a defibrillator that saved his life on more than one occasion.  Heart disease and stroke kill 1 in 3 Canadians and are the #1 killer of women. Please click this link to be redirected to my main page at the Heart & Stroke website: http://tinyurl.com/AtlasHeart Thus ends my personal appeal.  Official information follows.  :-))) ----- Heart disease and stroke is the #1 killer of women - taking more women's lives than all forms of cancer combined. But no one is immune. Th